Flowers In Time
September 17, 2019, 08:00:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone remember where this track is?  (Read 4961 times)
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« on: January 05, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

someone recently sent me an email asking about Jeff doing a version of 'Star Spangled Banner'....

now from memory, i know that he has, it was part of a medley/parody he did, just mucking around.... anyone remember what gig it it was in? (it may have only been a few bars of it...)

belikewhat
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »

haha, sorry me have mental block too!
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »

damn!!! My initial reaction was during the Mercury Lounge new year's eve gig .....but no  Huh  You know i won't rest until i find it now...... Undecided
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

well, it'll surely be marked here as one of the 'Parody' tracks... just a matter of going through them all *sigh*....

at worst, it was a few bars at the beginning of another cover track he was doing... in which case we should just give up now Smiley
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »

oooh oooh! i love my search tools Smiley

95-02-02 - Fukuoka Skala Espasio, Tokyo, Japan
Relevance: 3.81
Amusing comments between songs about the first visit to Japan. The intro to Kangaroo includes a brief bit of singing in the style of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan which segues into a more typical intro Jeff would do for the song with the lyrics "You call me a cheater, call me a liar, etc." The brief bit of Star-spangled Banner spoofs the Jimi Hendrix version the same way Jeff was fond of lampooning classic rock heroes like Led Zeppelin. You can hear him give out roses to the audience when they come back on for the encore.

i seriously wouldnt have picked fukuoka!

hahaha... its listed under 'The Star Spangled Banner', rather than 'Star Spangled Banner'  ... (i thought it was odd that i hadnt included it in the songlist...) and checking wikipedia's entry on Star Spangled Banner, its correctly named...

now all i have to do is find a copy of Parlez Moi D'amour!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:12:24 PM by mrstrongarm » Logged
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »

Well done that sir!!!  Wink  It would have took me a while as i would not have been drawn to that performance either..............
Buda
I Am The Music

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »

To my ears it isn't really a spoof as Jeff does it long enough to get the impression it's his rendition of the anthem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: