Flowers In Time
September 15, 2019, 11:18:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: another show!?  (Read 5984 times)
belikewhat
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »

does any one have information regarding Jeffy playing at Hendrix College (Arkansas) in '97?

he apparently played there between march and may of that year.

i do believe this DID actually happen as i know a band member (from another band) was with him!

not just in my crazy mind! lol!
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

How far away would it be from Memphis? i dont really know america that well. could it be possible that he travelled there?

www.mycineme.co.uk  - independent films!
belikewhat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:28:54 PM »

my geography is fairly inadequate! i barely know the streets around where i live lol!

if anyone else with a better geographic scope can help, please do!
djDjango
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »

According to Google maps, it's about a 2.5 hour drive, 162 miles.
Gorizz

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

Well, according to Jeff Apter's book "A Pure Drop"...

"He also played a show at Hendrix College in Arkansas, with Shouse acting as chauffeur. A discovery soon after his one-off gig proved just how little Buckley cared about money. 'They payed him with a cheque' said Shouse, 'and maybe a week later I went over to his place and it was laying there, with a footprint on it, coffee spilled over it."

So there you go :-)
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »

hmm. wonder what date it was... (guess we can be sure it wasnt a monday ngiht tho..) i wonder if it was a weekend?
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 03:46:22 AM »

Well, according to Jeff Apter's book "A Pure Drop"...

"He also played a show at Hendrix College in Arkansas, with Shouse acting as chauffeur. A discovery soon after his one-off gig proved just how little Buckley cared about money. 'They payed him with a cheque' said Shouse, 'and maybe a week later I went over to his place and it was laying there, with a footprint on it, coffee spilled over it."

So there you go :-)

Nice one!!! I've got the book but not got down to reading it yet........your comments are just the kick-up-the-ass i need Smiley
belikewhat
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:25:44 PM »

if anyone has had the chance to read this book yet, can anyone please write down here the whole acknowledgment section of the book. wanna know if he mentioned some names!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: