Flowers In Time
September 18, 2019, 10:32:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoken Word Revolution Redux  (Read 3684 times)
emilycurious
I Am The Music

« on: May 24, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »

Browsing at the library yesterday I see someone else flicking through a book as Jeff Buckleys face zips in to view for an instant... I'm longing for them to put the book back - they do. I flick through and sure enough there's Buckley and his "A Letter to Bob Dylan" (both written and on the accompanying disc). I'm thinking what a coup! Wait till I post this on Flowers...
Of course every dedicated Buckley fan already knows everything about this - its in Dream Brother after all, and of course Flowers has the lyrics!!
Viggo is in there too, but not very good imho.
Oh, well, it was a nice discovery!.
x
Em
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »

Heya Em,
               There's a little bit more info here > http://www.jeffbuckley.com/news.asp?id=107

& you can hear a small excerpt here > http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20034891,00.html

Wink
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »

i wonder if its possible to find the book?
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 06:14:45 AM »

i wonder if its possible to find the book?

Yeah, seems quite elusive this one Sad
emilycurious
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:35:07 AM »

This must be 93 as I don't think he had met or was famous "enough" to warrant his apology to Dylan in 92, although it was supposed to be during a Sin-é gig that he uttered the supposed slight and he did do an awful lot of them in 92...
And I think I must have mixed up the books release date (April 17th) with the date Buckley gave his reading which still eludes me...
If anyone knows, please let us know!
x
Em
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: