Flowers In Time
September 15, 2019, 11:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official downloads website coming soon?  (Read 4217 times)
Atane
I Am The Music

« on: January 26, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »

Hello everyone,
Sorry if it's not the correct place to put this post (maybe in the live part of this forum?).

I remember long ago that, on the offficial JB website, Mary Guibert had written a few words about the fact that she may, one day, create a kind of website from which one could download official Jeff Buckleys live recordings (she was, as far as I remember, answering a question where she was asked whether or not there would be other official CD releases other than 'Mystery white boy' and 'Live at the Olympia').
Would anybody have further information about this?

Kind regards from Paris!

Atane.
Buda
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »

As far as I know almost all the shows in 1995 were captured on SBD - especially the summer. All the gigs in France (by the way how long we should wait to finally have both nights from the Olympia out officially?! So there would be material to begin with - not to talk about the rest in the coming years - but its strange to hear that Mary would be so cool to start such thing (being a perfectionist). But I'm thinking on releasing every one of them in its complete forms (as The Doors does through their Bright Midnight label of what they have in their vaults).

Someday
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »

yeah, mary did offer that a few years ago, but nothing came of it... dont know why - either forgotten about, or sony wanted to do something else with them (ie. - hold on to them and release one every few years)...

who knows... would be *awesome* if they did get released - they'd sell like hotcakes! ... think of how well Tori Amos and Pearl Jam have done with their live recordings!
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 12:15:06 AM »

With the extra download release show available for US customers i dont see why not. I would love a nice CD series of concerts but i doubt Mary has the kindness to perform this

www.mycineme.co.uk  - independent films!
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:47 PM »

Yeah, the Kings Theater show could be the start of something, but then maybe not  Tongue I thought we'd never see anything so i was a little surprised when i found out.....

Without question, it would be great if the option to download in flac aswell as mp3 was given like certain other artists do [The Swell Season ..etc]

Btw, you can listen to the tracks individually - Jeff name checks Wesley Snipes/Denzel Washington on the intro track  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: