Flowers In Time
September 30, 2020, 01:36:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: End of Gods and Monsters? Duo? Start of JB?  (Read 3126 times)
emilycurious
I Am The Music

« on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »

When did Buckley and G&M part ways? I'd like to sort my concerts into G&M, Buckley/Lucas (as duo) and then just Jeff Buckley (aka The Jeff Buckley Band). Browne says in Dream Brother that the April 16 issue of Rolling Stone ran a feature but by then G&M "was a dead issue for Jeff" and "nine days after St.Ann's" (St Ann's was 1991.04.26) G&M had a commitment at the Knitting Factory  and then that Buckley/Lucas were a duo over the next two months.

Anyone got any exact dates and venues? I see from the Gigography that it jumps from St. Annes ( e or no e?) 1991.08.17 and the Krypton Studio...

Thanks

xx
Em
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

this is a good question, some of which is answered in the gigography ... it was definitely at breaking point in March of 1992, with the last known performance of Gary and Jeff on the 5th of April, 1992.

heres abit of background of what went on during that month:
http://www.flowersintime.org/show.php?gigid=10

it is also obvious Jeff had decided on a solo career after that point, as theres a swathe of solo shows for the rest of the year...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: