Flowers In Time
November 19, 2019, 08:08:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons for Matt Johnson's leaving the band  (Read 7882 times)
Buda
I Am The Music

« on: March 23, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

I was wondering about the main issues which resulted in the departure of drummer Matt Johnson. I always found this topic to be left out when these times are talked about. I guess the thing is much more complex to get the full picture but an interesting note from the Hard Luck tour itineary suggest something more about it:

1996 February 25
"... While in Perth the band have a band meeting. One night after a show, Matt Johnson return to find his hotel room trashed and Jeff and Joan having had sex in both of his beds. Matt can no longer tolerate Jeff’s behaviour and decides to leave the band."

Anyone can comment or tell some details about this or the reasons that helped Matt develope his impatience toward Jeff and his actions...  or
did Jeff by this time actually stepped on the road of becoming a rockstar and beheaving like one - which even he mocked previously - that made Matt feeling upset and eventually upset (for him) to some unbearable level?

Maybe envy has also played some part in his leaving?

Any suggestions are welcome!
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 11:03:21 PM »

yeah, i read this before... sounds like he just got annoyed at Jeff doing the rock star thing, more than it being envy...
Buda
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »

Yeah I thought too that him being envy is maybe a bit a strong but It was the first post you know Wink
pairopi

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:22:32 PM »

an interesting note from the Hard Luck tour itineary suggest something more about it:

Where did you find this?  What is this a quote from?
Buda
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »

Will have to look up. Later will get back to tell you.
emilycurious
I Am The Music

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:32:17 PM »

>an interesting note from the Hard Luck tour itineary suggest something more about it:
>1996 February 25
>"... While in Perth the band have a band meeting. One night after a show, Matt Johnson return to find his hotel room trashed and Jeff and >Joan having had sex in both of his beds. Matt can no longer tolerate Jeff’s behaviour and decides to leave the band."

Where is this quote taken from?
flebbie

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »

I thought Matt was a bit fed up with playing the same songs for about 2 years..?
Buda
I Am The Music

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

The quote is taken from the 1996 Australian review document which I got from here. A thread from 'Live Experiences' http://www.flowersintime.org/forum/index.php/topic,75.0.html

Unfortunately the link doesn't work now but later I will upload it from my hd.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 03:13:42 PM by Buda » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: