Flowers In Time
September 15, 2019, 11:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ER - Know what your getting...  (Read 3852 times)
MarieClaire
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:52:43 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I was going to post this in the Engagement Ring Advice Thread but its locked for some reason, probably because its so old.

One thing i discovered in my engagement and wedding experience was that making sure that your diamond is certified is way more important than the Engagement Ring Advice thread would make you think it is. From a practical standpoint, you want to make sure you know exactly what you are getting and you want that report to be from a third party to make sure its totally accurate.

You wouldn't ask the person your buying a car from to tell you exactly how much its worth because what qualifies them to make that call, and what guarantees that they are right in their assessment? The same goes for diamond shopping, make sure what you are buying comes with a certification and not just your jewelers appraisal, preferably by GIA.

Ideally you want the grading report to be by GIA because they are the only non-profit grading institute and are regarded as the most accurate and trust worthy. Besides, if you want to get your shiny new diamond insured, which you really should, GIA is the only certification that my home insurance company would take (wouldnt surprise me if this is pretty standard). The report is kinda cool too, its got a mini roadmap of the diamond, kinda like a fingerprint.
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »

wow. strangest. post. ever. Smiley
belikewhat
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »

WTF? lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: