Flowers In Time
October 24, 2020, 07:12:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Live photos  (Read 10168 times)
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« on: December 22, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »

Im on a bit of a Buckley binge at the moment. Here are 3 photos that don't appear in the gigography.

1 from  Wetlands in 12 January 1994 and 2 from the Roseland 2nd June 1995 show.

Enjoy!

Joe

www.mycineme.co.uk  - independent films!
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:39:01 PM »

Ok here is a rare image:

The info that went with it:

This, my friends, is Jeff Buckley and band playing live at WGNS.

Jeff made a special stop in D.C. and recorded some songs in the studio at WGNS with Geoff Turner engineering.

They took a few hours and did it right, recording multiple versions of tracks from the Grace LP, which he was touring at the time. He brought his whole band.

I have weird memories of that day. I remember talking to him about the magazine Ben Is Dead. I remember taking photographs with 4 different cameras.

It was amazing to me how his voice could soar without really being particularly loud.

Compared with someone like Craig Wedren of Shudder To Think who could hit similar heights vocally, Jeff was many decibels quieter. Craig would really bust loose in a studio situation, and Jeff would hit those notes you know so well and still kind of keep to himself.

It was a long, fun day. I have more photographs that no one has ever seen, and I have a CD that you're not going to hear unless you become my best friend, or rob the safe in my storage space in St. Barts.

And yes, he's wearing that coat that Jeff Buckley fans certainly recognize. Man, he loved that coat. I did too. I asked him if I could have it. You know what he did? He didn't give it to me.

------------------------------------------

Anyone know what show this was? also if anybody wants the lead then conact me

Joe

Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »

Ok these shots and the above come from 16th April 1995 radio perfomance.

More shots and more info:

Taken with a Polaroid Captiva at WGNS recording studio in Washington D.C. Jeff Buckley and his band were touring the United States and stopped to record a couple of songs for a special program on my radio station WHFS. I made a pest of myself and hung around the studio the whole time, badgering Jeff and bandmates with questions, providing Mr. Buckley with odd reading material (maybe ask me about it in person. I can't talk about it in print on the interwebs, fo' rill, yo) and taking lots of photographs. This is one of them, apparently.

The cool thing is that I brought 3 cameras with me, and took photos of Jeff with all of them. I'm dragging my feet on this book thing, but it's my first one and I really want to do it right. I say this as a preface to my statement that my first book of photography is going to include photographs of Jeff Buckley that are not included in my flickr stream, and in fact HAVE NEVER BEEN PUBLISHED ANYWHERE, much less seen by human eyes other than my own.
Now, it's possible that the photos were copied when I sent them off to be developed, but it was done when Jeff was touring the first LP and he wasn't hugely famous at the time. Therefore I doubt that the person in a small town in Maryland identified the rockstar and made extra copies. More than likely I'm the only human on the planet to possess the photos I possess,
and Jeff Buckley fans are going to be very
excited when they see new shots of this photogenic nice guy who was taken from us waaaaay too soon for me.
What I'm saying is this: Here's a picture I took of Jeff Buckley and his most well-known band. Anyone lucky enough to see him during this time will remember fondly the friendly-yet-serious vibe that the band had. It was obvious that Jeff expected great things from each of them, but it wasn't like he was the star and they were the hired guns. There was a definite band vibe, and there were smiles, laughs, in-jokes, and the feeling that they were having fun.
This is one of the Polaroid shots, but there were 35mm shots as well.
If you're a Jeff Buckley fan, you will want to see them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also i have never seen these before:

belikewhat
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

awsome pics. seen him wearing that hendrix t-shirt on another pic, but not these! ha! good stuff
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

Does anyone know where this comes from?

Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »

Also could someone please addd these to the gigography

Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »

Also could someone please addd these to the gigography

Consider it done Wink
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »

Have these photos been added?

Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 01:50:56 PM »

Have these photos been added?

The Wetlands & the WHFS ones have been Smiley  The Roseland Ballroom pics are already there & if we can identify the others regarding date/location - they will be too...
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »

Hi,

The Last Shots appears to be from 92-93 period. I will do a bit more `
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:06:19 PM by Joe Haynes » Logged

Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »

Also the Roseland Ballroom pics are different to whats on the gig page

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: