Flowers In Time
September 15, 2019, 11:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1994-03-11 - Ratner's Bar, Sheffield (1st European Date)  (Read 9604 times)
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« on: August 20, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »

Does anyone have more info on Jeff's 1st European performance at Sheffield's 'Ratner's Bar'?

The place itself (Ratner's Rest) was situated on Penistone Road & was owned by the same people that run 'The Leadmill' (still a popular venue) but apparently fell foul of a roaring fire - when, i don't know?

Also, it should be noted that a gig freebie in the form of a cassette tape with handwritten inlay featuring Jeff's interview at the Holiday Inn Diner, Syracuse, NY (Feb 15th 1994) sandwhiched between the 1993 Sin-e EP's versions of 'Mojo Pin' & 'Je N' en Connais Pas La Fin' was given out on the door to a presumably small crowd...........

Jaysbee
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:39:10 PM by Jaysbee » Logged
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:38:28 PM »

wow. i never knew about the tape. where di you get the info from? I think we need to work on this show and track down people that attended. Whats the Most Popular Venue in Sheffield? if anyone can help me i iwll post a link on forums around sheffield asking about attendees. Maybe we can get some more info or a possible recording.

www.mycineme.co.uk  - independent films!
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »

wow. i never knew about the tape. where di you get the info from?

I replied to an add in the music press quite a few years ago, don't know if it was NME or Sounds but the guy was based in Sheffield & worked on the door for a brief time which included the time of Jeff's appearence. I spoke to him over the phone & it was then that he told me about the gig freebie of which i begged for a copy to which he duly obliged ;-) He photocopied the inlay too!!

I will tentatively upload a scan of the inlay when i can Wink

Man, i wish i'd kept his telephone number or could locate the original advertisement - i'm gonna have to cover the house in pages & pages & pages of music press print (i still have all my papers from about '87/'88 to '99)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 02:37:46 PM by Jaysbee » Logged
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 02:23:23 PM »

hehehe ... bet your partner will be impressed with that Smiley
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »

hehehe ... bet your partner will be impressed with that Smiley

Yeah,  I'll just tell her that i'm bored with colours in the living room Wink
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »

Whats the Most Popular Venue in Sheffield? if anyone can help me i iwll post a link on forums around sheffield asking about attendees. Maybe we can get some more info or a possible recording.

I'd say 'The Leadmill' would be a great place to start - always has a lot of indie acts performing (some big, some small) & is frequented by a large percentage of the student population in Sheffield
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 05:29:02 PM »

oh wow so you actually have a copy of this tape. I would love to hear it. What stuffs on there again?

Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

Jeff's interview at the Holiday Inn Diner, Syracuse, NY (Feb 15th 1994) sandwhiched between the 1993 Sin-e EP's versions of 'Mojo Pin' & 'Je N' en Connais Pas La Fin'  - i'll upload a scan of the inlay which you will find in the gigography under the Ratner's Bar entry later today - scanner's playing me up  Embarrassed
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »

Correction: Scanner is not playing me up > It's FU*KED!!!  Roll Eyes  Oh well, better log in to eBay  Smiley
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »

Ohno. could is be possible to get a copy of that interview? have you transfered it?

Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:58:02 PM »

No, i haven't yet but will do this week  Wink
Joe Haynes
The Wizard
Global Moderator
I Am The Music

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »

Many thanks Jaysbee , Look forward to listening to it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: