Flowers In Time
May 19, 2019, 10:33:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We All Fall In Love Sometimes officially released  (Read 3836 times)
flebbie

« on: July 05, 2009, 10:28:19 PM »

Finally another true rarity has been officially released, it appears on the My Sister's Keeper soundtrack.

Would be nice if Sony compiles an album with his radio performances. I hope this is a good sign.
emilycurious
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 03:01:44 AM »

This is from WFMU's "The Music Faucet" of October 11, 1992 a 90 minute radio solo slot by Jeff. Watch the peaks and troughs and they are so close with only the noise reduction changing the level of the peaks - the musical and vocal phrasing are identical (not something Jeff was renowned for!), and the end fades as he goes straight into Curtains. An awesome performance, (jeff very mellow, no jokes, no musical pastiches) just awesome singing and playing, very nice diverse sets, fab version of Last Goodbye (Unforgiven as it still was then) - one of my most favourite, which is why I recognized it straight away.
Are Sony/Estate claiming its an unearthed rarity?

Emily
flebbie

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »

I know its from that radio show. A great show that is only well known among bootleggers. Thats why I said I hope they are going to release an official album with more stuff.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:49:41 PM by flebbie » Logged
nickp944
I Am The Music

the tear that hangs inside my soul forever

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 03:45:33 AM »

This is, without a dpoubt, the single most crass of Sony's MANY crass decisions in pimping Jeff's catalog. They should put the "Music Faucet" shows out unedited, as a subscription series, if they're going to fuck with them at all.

I'm sure Nick Hill was NOT well-pleased by this decision.

Information is not Knowledge
Knowledge is not Wisdom
Wisdom is not Truth
Truth is not Beaty
Beauty is not Love
Love is not Music
Music Is The Best
-----Francis Vincent Zappa [1940-1993]
flebbie

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »

I agree Sony has made some weird moves concerning Jeffs catalog. But I'm not so negative about this one. Putting out the complete unedited show or a compilation of radio shows would have been better though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: