Flowers In Time
October 18, 2019, 05:45:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: songwriters of the world unite  (Read 3525 times)
belikewhat
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »

article for people who havent seen regarding top 10 trackos chosen by fifty songwriters

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6972837.stm

mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:42:30 PM »

yeah, tho i dont agree with alot of it...

for starters, Hallelujah was written by Leonard Cohen, not Jeff (tho Jeff's version is unsurpassable in interpretation...)

and The Verve as #1? what a crock of shite Smiley and i dont even know how the Stones snuck in there either ! hehe
belikewhat
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »

the artist didnt have to write the song to be included-covers can be in the list

verve isnt number 1, its not listed in any order (that i know off!!)

to be honest i dont know how ppl like chris martin, john legend (!) and sergio (from kasabian) (!) can be he jugdes any how lol!!!
skyblueskin
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:59:22 PM »

I was flicking through the latest Q magazine and Jeff's version of Hallelujah is indeed at #1 in their list of "The 10 Most Perect Songs Ever".  I don't care for these type of lists, infact, it's the reason why I stopped buying music magazines a long time ago. (except of course, if there's a big Jeff featur in it. Wink )  I just think it's lazy journalism.  When they can't be arsed to get some decent articles in the magazines they decide to string one of these lists together.  Music is a personal thing, everyone has different tastes, how can one song, artist, album etc be declared the best?

Of course, it's nice to see Jeff in there and maybe this article will encourage curious minds go and check his music out.

Phew!  A bit heavy for a first posting, but there you go.  Kudos to Jaysbee for introducing me to this website, I finally made it over here to the forum.  You've done a fantastic job with the site Rowy, well done!

Jane   
belikewhat
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »

yeh i completely agree about the lazy journalism - Q mag always has some stupid poll in it!!

and welcome to the site! be as heavy or light as you want  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: