Flowers In Time
November 11, 2019, 10:53:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Buckley - The Biopic  (Read 13050 times)
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« on: September 21, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »

As it would appear that this 'Biopic' is going to happen, thought it would be good to open a topic on the subject  Smiley

Question 1: Good or Bad thing?

Question 2: Who would YOU like to see as JB?

The last rumour/name i heard linked was.......wait for it.............LEONARD DI 'FRIGGIN' CAPRIO!!!  Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Angry Grin
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO N ONON O NO  OOOONONONONO.

not di crapio.... if he's in it, i dont think i want to see it. seriously. perhaps they should get Keanu instead. heh. or will smith. ...
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

I personally don't want to see a 'Hollywood' movie made because no matter how independant Brian Jun is, or thinks he is, my gut feeling is that it's all gonna go arse over tit - i truly, truly hope i'm wrong!!!

Apparently, MG is keen on Johnny Depp for the role, which, although i like Depp as an actor & in acting terms, like Jeff, walked the tightrope in following his own path, doing his own thing in making movies a little off-beat like Ed Wood & Dead Man (forgetting his role as Cpt Jack Sparrow) i still can't comprehend seeing him as Jeff.............

.......who would i have? Somebody i/we don't know yet. Somebody hand picked out of obscurity & preferably picked by someone other than MG, BJ,..............Oh, what am i saying?? I don't want a movie made!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:25:41 PM by Jaysbee » Logged
belikewhat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:19:57 PM »

i believe it could be a good thing (yes you read right!), it just has to avoid all the usual pitfulls that make films crap these days and make it a true reflection of the emotion of what Jeff was about. HOWEVER i have just have this awful nagging feeling they will balls it up and Mary and co will go all 'hollywood'. which i hope don't happen.

the film should rush over your eyes silently, make you think, then disappear.

that's the way it should be in my warped mind  Smiley

too actors...

believe it or not i like 'leo da cap' (he's a good actor in some films) and i think j.depp is a brilliant actor and all round cool dude  Wink however it goes without saying BOTH shouldnt play Jeff.

it would be sooo hiliarious if keanu reeves did it!  Grin

nah they will get an unknown, well they should....
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 10:26:31 PM »

the film should rush over your eyes silently, make you think, then disappear.

''Just like the ocean, always in love with the moon''

I so hope so BLW  Undecided
belikewhat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 10:49:18 PM »

if not, reeves can hope into the matrix and upload jeffs songs... 'i know grace' LOL
choccygirl
I Am The Music

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 05:21:09 PM »

Sorry to drag up old subjects but does anyone know if there's any news on this?  I've not reveived a JBIN for some time and can't see anything on the official site so just wondered if there was any news at all?

To answer the original questions:

I'm torn on whether it's good that it's happening or not.  I think it'll be interesting to watch but I'm not sure I can truely say I agree with it.  I wonder too if it will be successful at capturing all sides of Jeff's personality and what will be affected, if anything, with it having Mary's backing/input.  I still can't believe it's (presumably still) going ahead with Mary's backing anyway after everything she ever said.  I certainly do struggle with the reasoning that if anyone is going to do it it might as well be her.

As for actors, I don't think anyone will do it totally right.  I'm a huge fan of Johnny Depp but surely he's getting (dare I say it!) too old to be playing Jeff in his prime.  I guess it all depends on whether they're wanting to cast someone who can sing too - if they do, I have no idea who they'll choose.  I think from a pure likeness perspective I'd have to go with James Franco.

mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »

trick is, how can anyone sing like jeff? its like getting someone to portray Bjork or Liz Fraser... their voices are all so distinctive, anything less than the original recordings would be abit of a travesty!

then theres Mary's input... she already put a firm stamp on how Jeff's legacy should be molded since his passing... as you said, i would be suprised if any portrayal is likely to be sugar coated.
BlisstheAbyss
I Am The Music

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 03:49:17 AM »

I've never been too happy with the thought of this biopic. I'm alright with documentaries but I really don't like the idea of someone portraying Jeff and trying to (impossibly) sing like him.... I wish people could just appreciate Jeff for his music instead of going on and on about his life...
But I hope to god that James Franco gets picked for this... out of all the candidates, I think he would do the best job....

What I am really scared about is that I heard from my friend (who is embarrassingly in love with Twilight) that the guy who plays the lead vampire wants the part. If he were chosen, a lot of the people that would go and see the movie would only go just to see him. That's not what this movie should be about, I want  an actor who I can forget who he is and get pulled into the movie. And I don't want little tween girls going to see the movie just so they can lust over that ugly bastard.  Angry

Sorry, I had to vent a little.... I hope they will announce who will play Jeff soon the stress is killing me
Bliss
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »

Robbert Pattinson of current 'Twilight' fame to play Buckley??  Undecided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pattinson

http://www.jeffbuckley.com/news.asp?id=134
filthy youth

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 07:20:41 AM »

Question 1: Good or Bad thing?

i think it's a good thing because people who dont know who he is could see it and thing "shit this guy is fantastic!! :O yipeeee" and stuff like that i suppose. plus, i would really like to see it.

Question 2: Who would YOU like to see as JB?

i have no idea. honestly, some of the actors that have been said would be terrible. like leo di caprio looks nothing like him or anything.

i think robert pattinson would be okay. but i hate him, so i'm split haha.
nickp944
I Am The Music

the tear that hangs inside my soul forever

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »

Pattinson = no fucking way; the role calls for an actor, not a - well, whatever Pattinson is.

James Franco would hit it out of the park. Don't believe me? Go watch "Milk" - he looks so much like Jeff, it's terrifying. And I say that having met them both in person.

Information is not Knowledge
Knowledge is not Wisdom
Wisdom is not Truth
Truth is not Beaty
Beauty is not Love
Love is not Music
Music Is The Best
-----Francis Vincent Zappa [1940-1993]
deaf_dumb_blind

Don't Take Any Guff From These Swine...

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42:57 AM »

Question 1:

I never liked this idea in the first place.  The idea of a movie is something that I think Jeff would've hated.  He never liked the whole Hollywood thing.  And I just get this terrible feeling that this movie is going to turn him into a fad with the teens of our generation, you know?  They'll see the movie, wikipedia the shit out of him, and then claim they're the biggest fans alive until something better comes along.  I don't want to see that happen.  A movie about him is just something I can't see and don't want to see ever happening.

Question 2:

The only person that I would ever want to see play Jeff is James Franco.  I think he would be the only actor that would do Jeff justice when it came down to his acting ability.  I haven't seen "Milk", but I've been hearing nothing but good news about him in that film. 

I'm offended that they've considered Robert Pattinson to play Jeff.  It's not the fact that he's from Twilight.  He's someone who has no acting ability whatsoever.  There's no fucking way he would pull off playing Jeff without pissing a whole lot of people off.  The only thing that's carrying him through his career is his heartthrob status (which I don't understand because I think he's fucking ugly) and the millions of teenage girls that go weak at the knees just from looking at him.  And where ever Pattinson goes, bitchy possessive fangirls follow close behind.  I don't want Jeff's work to be something these people can throw away when the hype is over...

"And what do I want people to get from the music? Whatever they want. Whatever you like. Somebody asked me what I wanted to do. I just said I wanted to…just to give back to it what it’s given me. And to meet all the other people that are doing it…just to be in the world, really." - Jeff Buckley
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 12:17:07 AM »

your right... james franco could EASILY pass for jeff... but you know, its sony - they'll choose some poster boy who sells tickets...
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »

Looks like it falls upon the shoulders of.................. REEVE CARNEY!!

http://www.jeffbuckley.com/pages/node/934

More on this & the other TWO films in the pipeline >

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/08/16/three_jeff_buckley_films_only_one_has_reeve_carney_exclusive_rights_to_musi/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:53:59 PM by Jaysbee » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: