Flowers In Time
September 18, 2019, 10:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Flowers In Time Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozark Melody - unmixed 8tracks released  (Read 3816 times)
flebbie

« on: July 13, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »

For the first time ever, here are previously unreleased unmixed tracks to one of Jeff Buckley's unreleased rare songs, "Ozark Melody", a song he co-wrote with musician Frederick Reed and lyricist Joe Tripician.

These eight tracks (two vocals, four of guitar & mandolin, two of miscellaneous effects) contain some real jewels in -- vocal riffs, asides, and instrumental virtuosity -- stuff that has never been heard before.

The Background:
Back in '96 author, lyricist and EMMY-award winning producer Joe Tripician had the rare opportunity to write and record a song with the legendary Jeff Buckley, one year before he died. Joe's musical partner Frederick Reed co-wrote the song and recorded the session. This single song was released for free on the internet in '97, and shows Jeff's humor and playfulness, a lighter side not typically associated with the artist.

Fred became friends with Jeff when Jeff played at Fez, where Fred was the house engineer. Jeff had an open invitation to visit Fred's NYC studio, which at the time was housed in Joe's west-side apartment. It was during the late summer/early fall of '96 that Jeff visited the studio where Joe spoke to him about a humor book he wrote, and which was published in '97 by Andrews & McMeel. Jeff got a kick out of the book, called "The Official Alien Abductee's Handbook", and started to strum on Fred's mandolin, singing in a hillbilly voice one short phrase: "Oh, the aliens are coming…" Joe was inspired by Jeff's infectious sense of humor and musical talent and began writing lyrics. Within four hours Jeff and Fred wrote the music, Joe supplied the lyrics, and the three recorded the song, singing together.

For more info and the downloadable tracks check:

http://www.indabamusic.com/sessions/390667219/562643
mrstrongarm
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »

cheers flebbie - i've seen the finished ozark mp3 available before, but its good to see they are giving access to even more of it now !
Jaysbee
Administrator
I Am The Music

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:19:25 PM »

Nice find!!  Wink Do you have to be a member to download them??
emilycurious
I Am The Music

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:59 PM »

yeah, but it's a free sign up. the download is not exactly intuitive - click on the "Action" tab. the finished p3 is not available (unless you run Audio Hijack Pro!!)
x
Em
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: